View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
yorkiepaws
Owned by "Lil Rat"
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miao View Post
Mine started using this a couple months back since my dog was going in the swing-door litterbox and digging for gold and came out with litter stuck all over her 4 feet and face! That was a nightmare. I was thinking about elevating the box until I spotted the "clever cat litter box" and that worked out well for us.

For the first 8.5 years of my cat's life, she's only ever known an open litter box (tray/tub type). Then at 8.5 years old, when we introduced her to the swing door type (with the smell filter on top), she did well accepting that also. Then at approximately 9 years of age, she was introduced for the first time to that clevercat box with the circular opening at the top and she's done superbly on accepting it. We just put it in the same place, fill it with the same litter (though we are switching over to another type now) and then take her to it the first time to let her know it's hers and leave her to exploring it on her own. She's good about it when we tested and switched litter types after having been on the same kind for 8.5 years also. It helps that she's a curious little kitty that if that box didn't belong to her, she would have explored it on her own against our wishes anyway.
You are so lucky. Whenever I put something in place of kitty's open litter box. She will look at it and then turn around and pee on the floor!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!