View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #15
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterPKMNMaster View Post
@ Brister: Haha, everyone seems to be confused about my schedule with this dog. I'm going to Japan in July, coming back August 1st, plan on buying it in early August, then will train it at home up until mid-September when I go back to my dorm and school. Thank you so much for your advice too! It really helped!

@ Bildio: The dog literally cannot escape. The front door, even this year when I was in a single apartment, was always shut except when I or my friends were coming in or out. The door literally only opens when someone is entering or exiting.

Besides, if I do get a Yorkie, it will love me so much it won't ever want to leave me.

@ sarah: I bet I'm more stubborn than any puppy! It's no match for me!

Thank you all for your advice! Keep it coming!! If anyone lives in SoCal and knows where I can plan on buying one tell me too!
Ohh gotcha! Sorry, I was confused.

And sure the dog could escape but if you train him early on not to, he shouldn't. I don't really have an issue with Jackson SHOOTING out the door or anything. And if he does follow me outside or something, he usually doesn't go far and all you have to say is "Want a treat?" and he comes running back. Just be sure to train your dog to sit and stay and come, those are the most important. Then you can add all the fun lil tricks! Jackson's so smart and learned fairly quickly so I taught him myself how to sit, stay, down, come, shake, high-five, roll over, bang bang (play dead) and to dance lol

Also, don't forget.. you're buying a puppy FOR LIFE. This pup could live another 13-20 years. Make sure you know that in 10 years, you may be having kids, getting married, etc... make sure you're going to be OK with that. They are definitely a big responsibility. I hate seeing dogs re-homed because the family is having a baby or getting married. That's so unfair to the dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!