View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 05:05 AM   #11
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannalollipop2 View Post
Sorry, no we're actually in Maryland, not CA. I meant to change that a while ago, someone else set up the account for me who just picked a random city. We're about an 8 hour drive out of Tennessee, so it's do-able. I asked our vet to call Dr. Tobias, but haven't heard back from her. I think I'd also like to have them do another BAT, because they only did one in her history, and that was more than a year ago. We asked if they wanted to do another one the last time she was there and they just shrugged us off and said the numbers would be high anyway, so it wouldn't matter. Should have said something. The numbers were astronomical when they did it a year ago, however--I think 150 and 220 pre and post-prandial. I don't even see how those kinds of numbers are possible: Lacy is totally asymptomatic. We've never seen a single behavior associated with a liver shunt in her, EVER.

How good is Dr. Tobias at getting back to vets who contact her, and how long can we expect to wait for the surgery? Also, I should probably start another group for this, but does anyone know how much just the surgery costs? Lacy has already been spayed and had her baby teeth removed, so she should need just the surgery. That's another thing--when she was little, before we knew about this, she went through anesthesia just fine. The vets said she was totally normal.
U of Tenn is an EXCELLENT idea. I advise you to do what ever you need to do the get this moving with your Vet and Dr. Tobias this week.

From reading other stories here about U of Tenn, surgery can happen rather quickly. U of Tenn will do ALL the required testing, etc....and surgery. Don't quote me, but I think it would be around $1300 - $1500 ~ which is way better than quotes I have seen from Specialty Hospitals. Plus you will be getting one of the BEST surgeons!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!