View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Vada Z 2009
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Our Homecoming!!

I had this all written and lost it!! Let me start over. First off I am so in love with this precious baby girl. I could hardly sleep last night with the anticipation. We left at 5 this am and we were scheduled to pick up our baby at 10:30. We stopped at Petco and Petsmart to finish our shopping. I couldn't find a harness I was satisfied with so I will be measuring her tomorrow to get one ordered from our YT member ASAP. I had hoped to find one that we could use temperarily but they just weren't what I wanted. We arrived a little early and another couple was picking up our little one's sister. She was ADORABLE!!! I only hoped our baby was just as cute. When Nan, the breeder brought our baby out and put her in my arms I cried she was so precious and no-I am not prejudice! She is perfect!!! I was a little worried because we had never met the breeder etc. but I really was impressed. She had a puppy pack put together that included basic puppy info, mini pedigree, health guarantee, shot record, info on the microchip, AKC registration, food and her blankie which she is quite attached to. . We gave her a little Nutrical and headed for home. My husband drove and it turns out that I couldn't bear to put her in the crate. We snuggled all the way. She loves to give kisses and fall asleep right under your chin. She never got car sick and slept all the way home (3 1/2 hours in turned out). She would wake and give kisses every now and then, change position in my arms and go right back to sleep. Right now she is asleep in her play pen. No whining crying or anything! It is hard not to hold her all of the time but I want her to get used to the play pen for those times when she needs to be in there. No accidents yet-she has pottied outside and on her puppy pads. She has TOYS, water, her crate and her blankie in her play pen. I feed her in there too. When we got home at 2 she wouldn't eat but at 6 she ate really well. She pee'd and poo'd on her puppy pad. What a good girl!!! I got her bath stuff ready including this yummy tearless puppy shampoo that smells like baby and a pet blow dryer but we are going to wait until tomorrow for that. I don't want to over do her first day home. We have had a busy afternoon! She loves playing in the grass! It is too adorable. She is very content to play with her toys in her playpen too. She will play and soon you will look over and she has fallen asleep on her blankie. I think that holding her on the way home really encouraged her to bond with me. She doesn't stray too far. If something startles her she comes a running to my feet. My son had her about 8 feet away playing with her and all I had to say was "come to mommy" and she ran as fast as she could straight to my lap! Already she melts my heart and has given me so much joy that I can't imagine my life without her. Oh and she LOVES Bully sticks!!!

Last but not least I don't think she is a Zoe. This morning I woke up with "Gracie Belle" on my mind. I think she may be a Gracie Belle! We are going to sleep on it! I promise I will post pix tomorrow. The only pix I have now are the ones I took with my phone.

Thank you all for the encouragement and invaluable information that has made bringing my baby home even more joyful!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!