View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Angry

I have only been flying with pets for 2 years - before I always left them at home - but with yorkies being so small - at least mine are - the 2 together don't even weigh 8 lbs. I have watched the prices for air travel for pets go thru the roof in just 2 years!

We need legislation to change this. The gouging is incredible! Cargo is one thing, but under the seat is just ridiculous! Does anyone know the best way to start a petition or call for legislation on this matter? Because I will seriously start it!

Two years ago the airlines were charging $50-$75 now most airlines are $100-$150 and recently one airline (United or Northwest - can't remember which) is charging $175 during the holidays!! That's the price each way!!

I will be flying next mth with my 2 to VA for the YT meetup - I don't want this to be the last time. Vacationing with my 2 is so peaceful, and the expense, and worry of kenneling is very hard.

My other concern with air travel is what happens in an emergency where they make you leave all your carry on - I knew I would always refuse! They'd have to leave me on the plane too! This is the thought I kept having when the plane landed in the Hudson - were there pets on board? Then last month or so, I saw the piece about the plane load of people who had to use the emergency slides out of a plane & a gal with a yorkie refused to get off without her pet!

GOOD FOR HER!! If these airlines are going to gouge their customers they better realize pets are not luggage!

yep, just a bit passionate about this topic...

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 06-13-2009 at 01:48 PM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!