View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen scarlet View Post
i took kati my 15 yr old baby to the vets 4 days ago.she wasn't eating and she was licking her pee off her wee wee pad.the vet lthought she probably has a urinary track infection..she also thought her belly felt and looked distended and asked me if i had just feed her..i said no so she took an x-ray and said it looked okshe put her on amoxicillan twice a day ..is it possible she could be allergic to it? She is itching and seems to be acting worse,she is whinning and won't eat anything, she just goes to her little hut and whimpers on and off ..i am very concerned due to her age..please give me your thoughts...I lost her mommy and daddy 2 years ago just 7 months apart..they both had kidney failure which i treated them for it and kept them going for about 3 year after diagnosis..I just can't think of anything happening to Kati right now...

yes is her belly red if so she is having an allergic reaction - I would get some probiotics dds plus from vitamin shop i use that 30 min before food in am and she will lick off plate - use two capsules -- stop the amoxicillin and call vet or er

remember if you see a bad reaction stop immediately and call vet or er do not just keep giving it. Most use clavamox for urinary tract infections

Just like we can be allergic to penacillin etc so an they and it makes them itchy and their skin turns red- funny this should post as i just saw a pic of this in the new dermatology book i bought this morning as my dd has allergies so i read alot about skin and allergies
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!