View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #10
Glenda Layton
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Won't eat....

As a breeder, I feed a tablespoon of canned Science Diet Puppy formula at 7AM, noon, & 7PM and I offer the dry Science Diet puppy food all day long for a snack. (I have found it is less aromatic... when you use the wee-wee pad form of potty training.) A finicky eater can be mourning the loss of it's "home" as they knew it, but like the other posts told you, be sure to watch for Hypoglycemia. Symptoms: Lethargy, Loss of Appetite, Seizures, Vomiting, Disorientation, Loss of conscientiousness, Trembling (often mistaken as a cold or nervous puppy) Nutra-cal is a wonderful product to have on-hand at all times... My newly weaned pups also love a scrambled egg, or a tablespoon of cottage cheese on their dry food. Be sure to find a vet that is truly familiar with the Yorkshire Terrier when you look for your new baby’s doctor. Preventive heath care is the key to keeping your Yorkshire terrier happy and healthy. They have special needs when it comes to dental cleaning or being put under for surgery. Best of luck. I know you will have many years of love from your new pup.
Glenda
Glenda Layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!