View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #17
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickajm View Post
Thankfully I have had the computer to do research! I really had no idea at how much the thyroid affects the entire body, down to the smallest of things. I also had no idea at how many doctors really don't have a clue not only about the thyroid but everything surrounding it and then some. The saying really is true that you have to be your own advocate!
My family makes fun of me sometimes as I relate all of my symptoms to thyroid but it is true! The hair loss, nail problems, fatigue, muscle aches and spasms, skin problems, mood changes, period problems, plantar fasciitis, forgetfulness, bloating/swelling, gravelly voice, trouble swallowing, carpal tunnel, snoring, sleep apnea, sinus problems, ringing in the ears, low body temp, depression, loss of outer third of eyebrows, hair changing color and texture, restlessness, insomnia, and of course the weight gain and difficulty losing. There are dozens more as you said, "thyroid affects the entire body." I would hate to wish a thyroid problem on anyone but that horrid lady that insulted you might benefit from a month or two of hypothyroidism just to see what it is like!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!