View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy8833 View Post
does anyone take a camper out on the weekends and take mulitple yorkies/dogs?

my husband wants a camper, im not crazy about it and i dont see it as practical because i have 2 kids and 4 yorkies. he is saying just bring them all. (because no one i know will keep them all weekend or be able to check in on them and let them out every time he wants to leave.)

how do you handle it? what do you do with them when they need to potty, mine have never used the bathroom on a leash, one of my males sucks at being walked on a leash (needs training i know).

any advice or tips would be appreciated, we havent gotten a camper yet. but he has been wanting one for years...so im sure its coming...he is using all his overtime money to save for it
My DH and our two Yorkies just returned from a trip in our travel trailer. Best advice; buy one big enough to have room for everyone.

We have a 26' with a slide-out. We have a walk-a-round queen size bed, in the front. Full bathroom in the rear. Dinette on the side, sofa bed in the slide-out, etc. Make sure you get a good size freezer. A microwave is a necessity, and I have an oven, never thought I'd use it, but I use it a lot.

You might want to consider one with bunks for the kids.

Take your time, shop around and look at lots of different floor-plans.

Use an x-pen for potty time. And make your husband responsible for two of the Yorkies, when you are taking walks.

We have baskets on the front of our bikes and we each take one of the girls. I do know, they make baskets big enough to hold two Yorkies.

We are retired, so we camp from Sunday evening to Thursday afternoon. It is pretty busy on the weekends, so you need reservations for most places.

Our favorite place has a Doggie Beach and our girls love to swim!

Camping in a travel trailer is a lot different than camping in a tent. So much easier.

Good Luck. I hope you find that you like it.

Sheila
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!