View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
WHOAAAAAAA hold on ok - two red flags here LP surgery and scintigraphy for those low numbers - i am questioning vet now sorry My dog has mvd and posts were 73, 54 and 26 on low protein diet - anything lower than 100 I would not do a scintigraphy - if you want to do protein c the go for it but scintigraphy is radio active dye and i would only do if dog is having symptoms such as seizures and sounds like your dog may have had seizure due to something else like maybe mixing comfortis and heartguard it sounds like is that what happened as you never mix those drugs.
AVMI- Portal Scintigraphy

is your dog head pressing on walls, acting spaced out after eating, vomitting, picky eater, seizing as these are all signs of liver shunt if not no way would i do testing like this

Now LP surgery should only be done if dog is in pain and lifting leg up constantly otherwise they will do fine with LP

ok going to read whole thread just panicked when i saw this so wanted to respond immediately

Totally agree with you 100%. I'm not a vet but with the low levels, I'd really wait to have your pup retested.

LP seems to be the buzz word for vets. It can be wieght managed as well as a bit controlled with glucosamine. Seek a 2nd opinion from an orthopedic surgeon. What grade level is the LP.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!