View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #14
GreenwoodBiewer
YT Addict

What wonderful responses... and I agree whole heartedly with them. If you are interested in the Biewer breed enough to possibly breed and/show.. it is worth your time to learn all you can about them before you jump in. For sure, join some of the forums and get to know the breeders. I don't know any reputable breeder that will sell a Biewer as a breeder/show prospect to someone they don't know or someone who has been personally referred to them.

Prices vary, even for pet Biewers..it depends on the parentage, the puppies age, the expected adult weight and many other things. Males are usually less expensive than females, dogs that are expected to be "out of standard" in size, coloring etc are usually less expensive than puppies that "look" like they will fit standard (7 lbs and under).

Once you learn more about the breed, you'll see a difference in the quality of the puppies being produced. I doubt you'll find a breeder that produces quality dogs open to place their puppies with someone that they have not formed a relationship with, even for a pet home. For dogs suitable for breeding/showing, I would expect to have to travel to find a breeder you can work with as well as suitable dogs. That's why, if your seriously looking into the Biewer, my advice would be to get on the forums and get to know different breeders and what they produce. Let them get to know you, you will increase the possiblity that someone will sell you a puppy by going this route... if takes time to develop the relationships that you'll need, but in the end, it's worth it.

Best of luck on your quest.

-Diana
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!