View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #11
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

If you are being asked to pay $3,000.00 for a pet Biewer you need to find a different breeder...most pet Biewers do not cost that much. If you want to find a breeder, get to know them and allow them time to get to know you to feel they can trust you with their lines then that's a different story. If you are looking for a pet then you should be able to find one for a reasonable price. But you must know that Biewers change a lot in the first year so finding one that has been evaluated for conformation and health, that has been deemed worthy of breeding and that a breeder will sell may be another story.

Biewers are a new breed in the U.S. and reputable breeders who truly care about the breed don't just sell them to the first person with a few $$ in their hand...if you come accross a breeder who does then you should look elsewhere. I have turned down more homes than I have accepted for my puppies. My husband jokes with me that not all of my puppies can live in the White House and my reply to him is "I'm not looking for the White House...I'm just looking for the Right House".

Have you joined a Biewer breed club or any of the Biewer forums? You will be able to meet some wonderful Biewer breeders and pet owners on their forums and joining a club is a lot of fun...getting together with the other members at shows is a blast. That way they will get to know you, and you will get to know them. Take your time and find the breeder who stands for the same things you do, get to know the breed and the history behind it...get to know what looks different breeders have and what look you would like to show/breed for. The Biewer is a controversial breed for sure so also be prepared to come accross many thoughts, opinions and beliefs about the breed's past, present and future. I would say getting involved with a club and joining a couple of the forums would be a good first step.

Good luck in your journey...if you would like some help along the way I would be glad to do what I can. If you would like to PM me I can send you the names of a few reputable breeders that I know.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!