View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
littlelady
Currently Suspended!

Default products what to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeddenim View Post
so my yorkie is matted on his chest area and on his sides. everything else on him is fine.

i tried combing him for the past few days to get rid of the matted hair, but i'm now realizing it is impossible.

i'm thinking of using hair clippers and buzzing the whole thing off.

do you think that's ok?

have any of you done this? i would hate to waste $70 at the groomers if that's all they're going to do anyways, you know?
Well I have 1-2 dogs with the same situation. I use products from trilogy, I like them. I use horse sheen to get out bad matts, if I am not growing a show coat but just letting them have a long pretty coat I bought a dematter and or I use thinning scissors usually I can get the mats out. I had been using this product from Itally but I can't find it any more, I can' remember the name right now. It smelled like almonds I loved it. I will often work the gel like horse sheen into the matts and then try to comb them out and then I will wash this out and apply a conditioner again and then go back to brushing out the coat while drying it. I found a good grooming table on ebay last year for only $46.00 with an arm on it. I put it up in my laundry room by my utility sink and I installed a hose to the faucet and I love bathing my dogs in there. I just wished I had enought time and energy to get every thing done so I could do it more consistently
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!