View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
misslofly
Yorkie Talker

Default Thank you all

Thank you all for your advice. I've always loved the look of the doberman (if you can believe it, I think there was a doberman on All Dogs Go to Heaven 1 or 2, remember that movie!). As with pit bulls and other large breeds, I've heard some bad and good things. Before I buy any dog, I do tons of research to find out if I can handle the dog. Once I buy a dog, I consider it a part of my family for its whole life, so I have to make sure its going to do fine with the rest of the family. I agree that dobermans, if trained properly, are probably great dogs and not inappropriately aggressive, but rather protective.
I think as of now, my biggest concern would be the dog hurting my little Maya because of its size, not its behavior. I would also be worried how they would do, at least in the beginning, because my yorkie has a little bit of an "only child syndrome", but I think that is one of those things that she will just have to get over, haha. I'm not going to get another dog immediately, but when I get on that kick I like to research my next big move. Weird, I know, but I enjoy it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!