View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
xoxodoglover89
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwprivette View Post
Ok so we're doing some shopping for Tyler today (such a spoiled little thing) and I'm switching him to Wellness. A few questions though... is Petco the ONLY place that sells it? There's one close to where we live but there's a petsmart right down the road so I was just curious. Also is there a certain type of Wellness to get? If not then what does your pup eat? Also since he doesn't eat that much to begin with should I just completely switch his foods or gradual? If gradual then how gradual? LOL! Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want him to get an upset tummy (= Thank you as usual for all the help!!
Petsmart does not sell Wellness. Probably one of the best foods that they sell is the Blue Buffalo.

I personally have never used Wellness, but have considered it and may in the future so I'm not really any help flavor wise.

As far as transitioning goes, I'd probably do 75% old and 25% new for the first week, 50/50 for the second week, 25/75 the third week and then 100. If he seems to be doing ok while you're transitioning, you may not need to transition that long though. When I change Sasha to a new food, I don't really need to transition. She ends up always picking out the new food anyways, so I just watch her poops for the next few days and as long as they look ok and she's acting fine, I just switch her right over to the new food.

Good luck!
xoxodoglover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!