View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 12:22 PM   #10
fozzybear
Yorkie Yakker

My wife and I are working stiffs too. We were able to potty train our Fozzy in no time at all. This was done following the basic tenants of crate training. We did the following after reading and understanding this:

http://www.dogdaysusa.com/behaviorce...setraining.asp

1. The week after we got him, I took Friday off of work. We spent all Friday, Saturday, and Sunday training.

2. For the next 2 weeks I came home after 4/4.5 hours and let Fozzy out. My wife was home about 4hrs later and we worked with the Fozzy during the crate/outside/play/outside/create thing.

3. After the two weeks Fozzy was up to 8hrs. as long as we managed his intake appropriately (eating really early in the morning and doing out thing). Dogs love their crates and will just sleep all day if they have the chance. The only problem we had was that when out cleaning lady came she did not let Fozzy out, obviously he got incredibly excited and messed his create (would you blame him). We 86'ed the cleaning lady for one that would take him out when she came.

4. Fast forward to today almost 1yr. Fozzy has been 100% for almost 7 months.

P.S. A radio is great comfort for a young pup in his create, Fozzy listened to the Howard Stern show for his first 3 months with us.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by fozzybear; 03-18-2005 at 12:24 PM.
fozzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!