View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
Geitas_Mommy
Yorkie Yakker

Cry From what I can see I think she IS pregnant..

I do not have a lot of experience with pregnant Yorkies, but I do have a lot of experience with pregnant dogs in general. Working with a rescue we get them in all the time. The best thing you can do is simply have her spayed. Unless she is about a week and a half away from delivering, her pups are simply little balls of tissue and do not even resemble a puppy at all. Other wise one of two things will happen. She will either try to give birth while your away from the house, in which case she can very possibly die before you even get back home because she WILL NOT be able to pass those big puppies through her birth canal. And even if she could her uteris will probably be so over expanded due to the size of the puppies it will not even contract. Or if you happen to be home and catch her in labor, she will go through hell for hours until hopefully you will notice that she is in distress and take her to your vet or ER. In which case you will still be faceing the possible loss of your little girl and most definitely a vet bill of $700 or more. I hope you don't think I am being rude, that is not at all my intention. I just hope you know how very deadly this situation is, this little girl is looking to you as her mommy to keep her safe and not let harm come her way. And I know you love her very much or you wouldn't be reaching out for help. So please just have her spayed, letting her try to bring mixed breeds into this already over populated world is cruel to those would be puppies and not worth her losing her life over. On the upside, most vet's will only charge about $20 extra to spay a pregnant female. Also your vet will be able to tell you if she even is pregnant just by palpitating her uteris ( basically feeling around on her belly). Either way you'll already be there to get her spayed which needs to happen regardless. Let me know if you need help with finding a low cost spay/neuter clinic in your area. I will have this little girl and you in my prayers. Good Luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!