View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #14
miabellaamoure
♥YORKIERESCUE.com♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiexpress View Post
Hi Jo ann,
CT can be diet and medically controlled...My Rhett has been diagnosed with a severe collapse...his was also due to being over weight....for the last year he has been on 1/4 tab torbutrol and 1/4 tab lasix twice a day....he had to loose 3 lbs...which he did immediatly once we found the collapse...we put him on solid Gold Holistiq Blendz kibble....he was not thrilled at first but he soon realized there would be nothing else so he ate...he is at a healthy 5 lbs now and has maintained it for over a year now....I also use Olbas Oil...I rub it on his throat area when he has breathing problems..it really helps...you can get it at olbas.com humidity sems to be his worse enemy...we use a whole house cool mist humidifier...it is set up in the bedroom.....since his worse episodes seem to be at night....Rhett also has severe corn, wheat and soy allergies and that will also trigger breathing episodes...he however does not have the cough...but does honk like a goose....we have just upped his Torbutrol dosage to a 1/2 tab twice daily as his collapse has progressed...we have not yet put him on any preds...as we are not ready to introduce the steriods into his system.......he is just now starting to get an enlarged heart...that seems to go hand in hand with the CT.....if you would like to talk with me more please feel free to email me privately I would be happy to give you my phone number...I to am with YTNR.....
Your little one will do well as long as you get the weight off of her.....Rhett had the honk but never the reverse sneeze...then one day like yours it all changed.....other than his breathing he sems to get tired quicker but has learned his limitations....he is still the spunky, feisty boy he should be at 5.5 yrs of age.....
Big hugs.....
Will definitely pm you in the morning...thank you soooo much for sharing!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!