View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #14
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

When you can put at least $2000 aside or swear to purchase a Pet Insurance policy and keep it current, please do not get a pet. They deserve to be cared for in every way, including providing any and all necessary health care. Don't get a pet and then not be able to pay for his xray if he hurts his leg or not be able to get his surgery if he winds up with LP, or not be able to get his blood transfusions if he winds up with parvo!

They have some amazing electronic dogs -- buy one that will fit in your purse, wag it's tail, bark, and nuzzle you on command. Then save your money, and buy a quality pet when you are financially stable enough to provide for it. I waited many years to be able to afford Yorkies. I loved my pound puppies and other "freebie/low cost" puppies until I could. But always I made sure I had enough to give them all of the care they deserve. Once you become their owner, it is for better or worse. You owe it to them!

Think long and hard about what you are thinking of doing. Look into the little face of any animal you decide to make your own. Be able to say, I can definately take care of all your needs, no matter what they may be now or become in the future. Make sure you can make that promise before you bring them home.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!