View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

You will probably NOT find a good, healthy Yorkie from a reputable breeder for under $100. No way. Hell, I paid $550 (which is still cheap!) for my Jackson and got a 14lb monster boy! (I love EVERY ounce of him!!) But $100 or less, no way. Check your local shelters (on petfinder.com) and they usually have adoption fees between $80-$300 depending on everything. Puppies are VERY expensive and A LOT of work. Just because you get a cheap pup, doesn't mean it's gonna be a "free dog." The first years vet visits get VERY pricey. They did 3-4 sets of puppy shots (each vet visit can easily cost $100 or more!) They need rabies vacinne and the spay/neuter surgery can be anywhere from $65-$700 (or more!) Monthly food costs can get expensive too, as well as treats, bones, toys and clothes you talk of. If you can't afford more than $100 for a dog, you aren't going to be able to afford the first year of a puppy's life, let alone 10-15 more years of his adult life.

Granted, while I do thinking paying money in the $1000's is crazy for a dog, I think $100 is WAY too cheap!

Last edited by Britster; 06-10-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!