View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'm very sad to say, I lost my beloved cat (Wilson) of 11 years about two weeks ago to coyotes, and he weight 13 1/2 lbs....I live in a neighborhood that has a wide easement behind the house, and I've heard them run through @ night...I had just had alot of dental work done on him a week or so before, and they had cut his nails very short...I must of had a premonition, when I picked him up from the Vet, because the first thought that went through my mind, was "how will he defend himself"...I lived on 40 acres some years back, and he managed all these years to escape from those dangers, but I think he was probably just not able to scale the fence quick enough w/o those nails...They had never been cut in his whole life, and he never scratched in the house....Even w/the fence, I don't let Apple out @ night to pee, unless she's on a leash, as there are also huge possums that can get in the yard....I wish he'd been an all inside cat, but he was inside/outside all his life, and it would have killed him to stay in all the time...I'm so sorry for those that have loved their babies, as Wilson was also my baby....We just can't be too careful w/these little ones.....
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!