View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
Geitas_Mommy
Yorkie Yakker

Default I agree

My other babies are spayed and neutered, but I trusted my vet's opinion. However, this is something that has been weighing heavy on my mind because I know the complications a female can have especially when getting older in age. Sweet Geita due to poor health when first rescued had to have all but three teeth pulled, it was horrible. It was amazing to see her almost "come alive" a few days after having all of those rotted teeth removed. She was heart worm negative which was a big bullet dodged, and of course is on preventative now. So up until this point she has been in near perfect health with the exception of being almost a pound over weight. I gave her half of a baby bayer, and her fever has broken, I took her temp again about 10 minutes ago and it was 101.1. Up until that point I had put a little ice pack under her blankie on the couch. Hoping that would help cool her down. She has drank water and she also has eaten a puperoni treat and a few bites of a twinkie. Her discharge seems to have stopped as well, but when it was first coming out it was a very pale yellow. I still plan to take her to the vet first thing in the morning though.

Last edited by Geitas_Mommy; 06-09-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Geitas_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!