View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #31
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene68 View Post
I found this at Walmart, but I can't find very much on it in the way of reviews..it is Actr1um Holistic puppy food, available only at Walmarts in Canada I think. Wondering your thoughts on the ingredient list, I thought they sounded good, but am not quite sure

Protein is 24% Fat 14%Omega 6 2.8% Omega 3 is 1.4%
Ingredients -Chicken Meal,Brown Rice,Oatmeal,Potatoes,Rye,chicken Fat ( Mixed with Tocopherols for Vit E) Chicken, Chicken Cartilage (glucomsimne), Tomatoes,Salmon Meal,Salmon Oil, Dried Eggs, Flaxseed Oil, Kelp, Calcuim, Potassium Chloride, Diacalcuim Phospate, Chicory Extract, Cranberries,Spinach,Broccoli,Sweet Potatos,apples,Blueberries,Pears, Bananas, Vitamin A, E, C,Beta Carotene,Folic Acid,Vitamin B12,Probotitics,Yucca,Dried Rosemary,Cinnamon,Chamomile,Dandelion,Paprika,Garl ic
That sounds pretty good to me, I like the fact it has chicken as the first ingredient, it uses potatoes not corn, and some people think this is good, especially for dogs with allergies, the glucomsime is for joints, and that might be good, I like the salmon and flaxseed oil, kelp and other vegetables and fruits, it also has probotics, and lots of people like that. The only thing that would concern me is the manufacture. I don't know who makes it and what issues they have with quality control. Sometimes I think it's safer going with a big company because if something's wrong with the food, you hear about it faster. When millions of dogs are eating the same food, your chances of hearing about a problem are greater than when only thousands of dogs are eating a food. However, if you do a search on the company, and find the manufacture and how long they've been in business, and how many recalls they've had, you might better know if this is the right food for you.

Join today and remove this ad!