View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
yorkiepuppie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitriona View Post
When i did take lestat to the Vet for the excessive urinating they seem to have found a lot of other things wrong with him, not sure if I should take any of it seriously but I did have a few questions.

so 1st of all here is the list of everything they apparently found:

Ear infection
Floating knee caps on his hind legs
baby teeth that need to be pulled out

so my questions are, the floating knee cap the vet says that a sure sign of this is that Lestat sometimes lifts his hind legs and holds it in the air for a few seconds. he does do that but he never shows any signs of pain, he does not limp or walk funny and he runs.

would the floating knee cap be a congenital defect?

Also on the ear infection the Vet didn't really test for an infection just swabbed his ears and declared that he probably had an infection and wanted to charge me a lot of money for cleanser and ointment, should I just try an OTC puppy ear cleanser for now? my puppy does not scratch his ears or has ever shown any signs of discomfort.

And lastly his teeth, the Vet said he still had 5 baby teeth that have not fallen out, at one point I had given him a toy that was kinda hard but I did notice that as he played with it his loose baby teeth would fall out naturally, he says I should get them pulled. Do i really need to get them pulled or should I continue to let them fall out naturally?
it depends on how old your puppy is. you want to pull it if he is older and the baby teeth as still in, because they are probably not going to fall out on their own, and might cause dental issues for the dog if you don't take care of it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!