View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
yorkiepuppie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stelting View Post
The holding of leg up is probably luxating patella. My 1 yr old male was doing this and when I took him to the vet he was diagnosed with stage II luxating patella. My vet doesn't recommend surgery until stage IV. I walk him alot more now and put him on Zukes supplement and he stopped limping.

BEFORE I GET SLAMMED AGAIN ..... let me say all cases are different. In my case the extra walking and the supplement seems to have worked. It may or may not in your case but it's worth a try before costly surgery in my opinion. Ask your vet about trying it.

John
hi john,

i am sorry that you feel that you might get slammed for saying what you said.

i would like to make a recommendation to you though. my baby girl milu also has LP stage 2. and the vet also said that there is nothing i need to do about it. and i also used to give her the Zuke treat with the supplement. but many on here have recommended the actual medication that's been proven to improve LP for dogs. so you might want to check it out and give it a try.

milu has been on it for a month now, and her bones crack a lot less often.

the supplement/medicine is called Cosequin.

i also started a thread about LP before here: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...ng-sounds.html

hope this helps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!