View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
The name of this forum is:
Yorkie Rescues & New Homes Needed

I would think that is self explanatory. I am stunned that a new poster was jumped on today for trying to rehome her yorkies.
She said she needed help...instead she was told how awful she is.

This reminds me of the saying:
"Be sure your brain is in gear before putting your mouth in motion"...in this case, it is the KEYBOARD.
I have to agree with this 100%! If a new member would have come on and said that she needed to rehome her 2 pups because the female had been dropped from a UFO into her back yard and the male had started to meow like a cat since it happen, she would have been congratulated and asked to post pictures.

There is a right way and a wrong way to address someone considering to rehome or surrender a pup. Being judgmental and pointing fingers is not the way to win someone over to your side. Until you have walked in the shoes of someone working to encourage an owner to turn their pup over do not point fingers because when you point 1, 3 are still pointed back at you.

I sent the OP from the other thread a very nice PM asking that she please consider coming back to talk about her pups. There are plenty of people who come into this forum to try to do the right thing when something like this occurs. There are rescues in her area that might have been able to help or possibly connect her with someone looking to adopt. All that I really care about is that the pups get a good new home. Someone mentioned dog fighting bait~~~well don't you think that could happen now if she turns to a Craigslist Ad or drops them at the pound

I'm hoping that we can all learn from this and take a different path in the future. Otherwise, what is the point of this entire forum?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!