View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
Sometimes I think it might be good for people to spend a day with my good ol' dachshund that will turn 17 this summer before they take on a new puppy. She honks instead of barks, she's half blind and deaf, she can't go up and down the step to get outside so you have to lift her in and out to go potty. She sometimes just loses control and messes near her bed. She puts out a horrible smell the vet can't seem to fix, she has a big old tumor on her chest that almost rubs the ground, she doesn't cuddle or play anymore, she rarely leaves her bed. But just last night when we had lots of family over, she struggled out of bed and made the rounds to sniff each one, wagging her bent old tail like crazy as she recognized family that she hadn't seen in a while. She was actually smiling! So, as old as she is she still can show appreciation to those that have loved her through the years! If you just remain faithful to them, they will love you all their lives.

Awwwwwww. I've been told that a lot of daschunds end up in rescues because the cute little puppy turns into a monster barker. That just makes me want to rescue one even more. I can't wait for Thor to have a doxie sis, once he is ready.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!