View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
lje213
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdt View Post
I think people have to realize that a cute little puppy... aw!! Turns into a ...dog!!! It's great to want a puppy but you really have to think about the 15 or so years this little one will live with you. Although no one can predict the future you really must think about all the "what if's" before you get a "cute little puppy" It just make me so mad that these "dogs" are being rehomed because of a situation that was planned. Such as having a baby. It's not fair to these little guys to be sent away to a new home. They get scared, confused. Skin babies are really cute too but they turn into toddlers, teenagers and real people you know. It a huge responsibility to own a puppy/dog. They are not disposable because you can't or don't want them anymore. How sad!!! Before you decide to get a puppy please just think about your journey with this baby. It will be a member of your family for it's entire life. It depends on you and asks nothing in return. Sorry I just get so angry at irresponsible, immature people.
Bravo. I agree whole-heatedly! My husband and I are in out late 20's with no children as of yet. We have had Loli for 6 months now and are getting another dog in two weeks!

We had a long chat before getting Loli. The plan was to get Loli and then eventually get her a playmate. I told my husband that I was not interested in getting any dogs at all if we were going to "re-home" them after children. He agreed with me. To us Loli is our child and I know we feel the same way about Gus even though he is not yet with us. They are part of the family wether we expand with human babies or not, weather we move or wether we stay put...no matter what!

The plan is to eventually have children and move to a bigger place. This will be done with our fur-babies. They are with us "fur-ever"
lje213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!