View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdt View Post
I think people have to realize that a cute little puppy... aw!! Turns into a ...dog!!! It's great to want a puppy but you really have to think about the 15 or so years this little one will live with you. Although no one can predict the future you really must think about all the "what if's" before you get a "cute little puppy" It just make me so mad that these "dogs" are being rehomed because of a situation that was planned. Such as having a baby. It's not fair to these little guys to be sent away to a new home. They get scared, confused. Skin babies are really cute too but they turn into toddlers, teenagers and real people you know. It a huge responsibility to own a puppy/dog. They are not disposable because you can't or don't want them anymore. How sad!!! Before you decide to get a puppy please just think about your journey with this baby. It will be a member of your family for it's entire life. It depends on you and asks nothing in return. Sorry I just get so angry at irresponsible, immature people.
It angers me as well. I see it all the time On C.L. People rehoming their animals for the most stupid reasons I shake my head in disgust. I have personally come to the understanding that their are some people in this world who just do not care enough to keep a pet for the rest of it's life. Having a baby, moving, a divorce, these are major changes in a persons life. However, A pet ought to not be the one to suffer , beacause to these change it's humans go through.
Anther thing is allergies> If you or a memeber have them severely, then DO not bring home an animal, because eventually your going to have to rehome the pet.
THINK FIRST, and always remember that a cat or dog is going to be a member of the family for years to come. The animal deserves to be loved, and cared for and depends on it. They are not disposable.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!