Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi and welcome, 8 weeks is a little young to be separated from the mom try to see if the breeder will hold the pup for 12 weeks. Remember......they are like babies they do not know anything unless you teach them, I would suggest you take the time to really look at this site and buy a book on yorkies to get yourself familiar with the bread as well as training. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking smaller dogs are easier when it is just the opposite, people tend to feel they can overlook things in a small dog when you really need more training. As far as the registration goes I do not know about that since Milo is a mix. You have stumbled upon a great site here ask lots of questions, and pick peoples brains you will thank yourself in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsational04 View Post
hey everyone. im new here and about to make the hardest deicision of my life or so it seems thus far haha.. im about to get a yorkie (my first doggg ever!) and i have 2 concerns. First off the breeder has a girl and a boy (brother and sister) and im interested in the boy. so i drove to go see him and he was a bit hyper and nibbled and i got nervous because the previous yorkie i looked at was calm and didnt do this. but everyone has been telling me that this is normal bc he's a puppy and thats what they do! is that true? Im only nervous bc if i bring him around people i dont want him to bite them! So now my parents actually said that they'd take his sister too if i decide to get the boy. so now onto my real concerns..

1. she is going to let me take them at 8weeks. is this too early?

2. they come with AKC papers but ONLY after i have proof of getting them fixed. Is this ok?

please let me know what you guys think! im going CRAZY trying to decide!
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!