View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Callie Lou
Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg I need help here...Plz~

Okay..
We adopted a small female Yorkie-Poodle mix puppy today from the local animal shelter. She is solid black with black eyes that shine like little ebony beads~ She is tiny, so cute

I have a male cat. He is NOT tiny. He is large.
Coincidentally...his name is "Lucipher".

He "hates" this new puppy and I am sure he will hate the Yorkie puppy that I am STILL waiting to get as soon as she begins eating on her own.
I tried letting them get acquainted via the crate method...with the pup inside the crate. Didn't work. Tried letting him see her from a distance and gradually get used to her...still not working. I've held the puppy in my arms and tried "sweet-talking" him..and she and I both made a narrow escape.
I can live with the fact that he's not happy about our new houseguest...but my concern is for the safety of the puppy (or puppies). He could easily damage her eyes or worse..(imagine Edward Scissor~Hands with an attitude)~
Should I have him declawed? He is a total in house cat...has never been outside in his life...so I've never had him declawed. His claws have never been a problem until now. He's a little devil sometimes (hence the name Lucipher)..but i love him. What to do?
Callie Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!