View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #12
yorkiesjs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Great info

Quote:
Originally Posted by briana smith View Post
With weight there's never any garantee but obviously he won't be five pounds, how much did he weigh when you got him from the breeder? I think your little guy will be around 13 pounds full grown, that's just my estimate. Don't worry, you'll just have more to love!
It really depends on the dogs in your yorkie's pedigree. Does your breeder know the weights of your pup's parents, grandparents, other relatives. What age did the breeder's yorkie lines stop growing? You could get a better guess, if you asked her.
This is so true it really does depend on the lines and what age they the breeders lines stop growing. And this takes time to learn in your lines as a breeder. I like to see a litter that is close to the same weight and grow at a steady pace. But then there can be a throw back in the lines somewhere and end up with 2 pups in a litter and one ends up being 5lbs and one 12lbs And your like holy molly what just happened here. But I agree as long as they are healthy and happy there is just more to love ! Hey and they have less dental bills . The larger yorkies seem to have healthy teeth for a lot longer years Plus remember yorkies used to be a lot larger until they were downsized. It is actually nice to see the larger sizes again and to see the people that love them My Keeper is larger boy and he is Beautiful in every way !
Attached Thumbnails
6.6 poundss noww at 3 months.... gonnaa double??-keeper-red-pillow-dwnsized.jpg  
yorkiesjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!