View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn WDW View Post
I don't know. I am psychotic when it comes to this dog. My mother keeps telling me he is not human. It would be easier if he could just talk!! It may just be a bite b/c he really didn't start bothering it until yesterday and the grooming was Wed. I really liked this groomer. She's been grooming for 20 years. Our last groomer quit. Last night we visited with my sister and her dachsund and the dachsund kept smelling of it (gross I know). I think I will take him to the vet in the morning if it is not better. I just know that if he keeps the licking and chewing it will get worse.
sounds like flea allergy to me as flea bite can make them itchy for up to 3 weeks and flea bites affect the back half of the dog. Sounds like you dog might have flea allergy - i have an allergy dog and if she bites back half i put jeans or pjs on her to keep her from biting it. You may ask about benedryl from vet - i use raw coconut oil for hot spots but honestly not much i can recommend for bites -- you could use califlora which has calendula in it as that is for burns and healing to the skin - the cortisone creams are not good for them to lick so i would not put in place for them to lick and it thins the skin
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!