View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
ROXI SUNSHINE
Yorkie Talker

Cry What's wrong with my puppy?

Hi everyone, I am new to this site, but I am in need of any help possible.

My 5 month old puppy, Roxi, walks and stands with an arched back, head down, shivers, inactive and screams/yelps from time to time. It also seems as if she has lost her appetite. I took her to the vet on Monday as soon as I started noticing these signs. They said it could be some neurological problem, she might have slipped a disc or something from falling or playing to rough with a dog. However, they did an x-ray on her and found nothing. They also gave her a muscle relaxer and pain injections. The vet diagnosed Roxi with lameness and gave her some medicine to bring home. The day after, it seemed as if she was fine and was no longer yelping. But for the past few days she still has the random yelping that lasts 1-2 min (mostly in the middle of the night), shivering and an arched back.

I've been trying to research about what could be wrong because Roxi doesn't seem to be getting better! I've read some stuff online and a few threads on YT to see if I could relate to someone's problem, but the closest I've gotten to are Lyme Disease, luxating patellas or perthes syndrome -- everything that could possibly be linked to Lameness. I fear that there is something more that is wrong with Roxi than just Lameness. I don't know if I should bring her to another vet for a second opinion or if I'm just paranoid. This is my first time with a dog, so I'm very new to all of this. If anyone has had this problem or could give me any advice whatsoever, it would be greatly appreciated.

It breaks my heart to see Roxi like this at such a young age. Thanks in advance.
ROXI SUNSHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!