View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vramsey View Post
My baby died this last Tuesday at the vets office while getting an xray. Unfortunately, after treating her for the many, many seizures with meds, I think it only doomed her faster. By the time I got her to the vet, she was very swollen with liquid and was barely eating, only drinking massive amounts of water. The vet says she had liver shunt. While it will take me a very long time to come to grips with this, I am also very angry with the breeder I bought her from. She acts as if it's something we did (or didn't do) and that none of her other dogs exhibit symptoms like Delilah. How do I make sure these people do not sell anymore dogs to unsuspecting owners like myself? I would hate for anyone else to experience this. Any ideas, suggestions or advice you could give me would be helpful and appreciated.
I am so sorry.

Unfortunately most breeders do not clear their adults of liver shunt and MVD by bile acids testing and don't know their lines well enough. It can't be totally prevented, but with proper testing the number of dogs with LS could be cut down dramatically.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!