View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 07:28 AM   #6
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

Marlee,
ITs not uncommon for your puppy to morn the loss of her litter mates and or mommy for a couple days.
Just like said before.....HAND FEED HAND FEED HAND FEED.
Right now its important she eats.......and where it may be different then what others tell you.......give her some people food.........I have never had a dog refuse thin sliced baked ham or chicken..........I have never really been fond of softening food with water........i give dry and give treat food 3 times a day or more......meaning canned..........I wouldnt be afraid to give her a good canned puppy food...right now its improtant she eats..........bits on your finger/ or she may just eat it right up!
You can put some table sugar in your water too, a tsp or so at all times until this vital time is over (1 weeks or so) just to keep sugar levels up. Until she eats better.
Rub some karo on her tongue or sugar three times a day is an option too, until you get nutrical.
If she is crashing after eating regularly alot then I would want to definitely get her tested later for other things.
This is only meet as a guide, take or leave any info you like.....and if the problem continues see the vet.
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!