View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:35 AM   #81
Haleys_mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
I also should have mentioned contracts when buying from a reputable breeder. There should be one regardless if you are buying for pet or show. Breed clubs have this in their Code of Ethics.
If buying for pet, there should be health guarantees for genetic issues LS and Legge-Calve-Perthes, mine also requires that if it cannot be kept by a new owner it will come back to me. And I have clauses for nonbreeding if the dog or pup is not spay/neuter before leaving my home. There should be a contract protecting both the buyer and the breeder.
For a show dog, it should be at minimum over 6 months of age. Also especially if you are not really known to the breeder, they will want to co own it with you to keep some sort of control over what you do. And there should be relatively the same guarantees for genetic issues should any crop up after you get the dog.
My question, is with all the people these days that lie, how do you know if a new owner gets rid of a dog it bought from you without contacting you first?
Haleys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!