View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

First- WELCOME!!!

Second- what a GREAT job you have done getting her used to her leash- wow- that is very impressive...

My Layla HATES walks- hates them- and yet we go every morning and every night! I love that you are making her sit at the door- it should be clear to her who is in charge now. Are you practicing walking inside or outside? With layla i usually have to carry her for a few mintues- almost like our little street is boring and not even worth walking down when I put her down- i took have to drag her a bit- i feel awful but I want her to know this is what we are doing- so you better get used to it- and eventually she does walk. Periodically during the walk I will stop, ask her to sit and give her a treat- to show her that if she keeps walking she is going to be rewarded.

I've been reading Cesar so now Layla's walks consist of her walking right next to me/slightly behind- I don't think she is crazy about this and perhaps this is why she is fighting it even more- but oh well- this is how things are going to be Good luck- keep with it- sounds like you are doing a great job- she is goign to LOVE the vacation lots of new smells!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!