View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
delicatepuzzle
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default To fix or not to fix? A changed dog????

Hello to all, as I've said before I plan on breeding as responsibly as I can. I entered a deal with a breeder to co-own a dog through 2-3 litters. As long as all goes with each then the next will proceed. One wrong thing and I'm calling it off, as I'm positive the breeder would want the same as well.

Well I'm beginning to second guess myself. I honestly did not think anyone would truthfully want to co-own with me. Now that Ella is in my arms I want to protect her with my life. I am confident that if I am just not comfortable breeding her, the breeder will just give me her for the pet price (same price I"m paying just no papers, which I am fine with).

Here are my concerns. What happens/changes occur after a female has a few litters and gets fixed? Does her personality change? Does she gain weight? Comment please, inform me please. I've done some research and it is starting to scare me so I'd like to hear from real people who have experienced this.

I also have a boy 3 yo, what happens to males who are older who are fixed? If there is weight gain can I control it through his diet? Personality changes?

Thank you!!! I want feedback, the good and the bad. If you have questions for me, plz ask them. I'm extremely open and willing to learn!
delicatepuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!