View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorriekay View Post
When I brought home Lola (maltipoo) she was 9 weeks. Tiny but eating dry kibble just fine. The Baby Dog Ultra Nutro.
She was eating well Until I took her to the vet for shots.
She stopped eating entirely and I had to hand feed her for 2 weeks and I am Sure it was as a reaction, side effect of the shots!
Has anyone experienced this.
I think if I ever have a puppy that small I may consider delaying vaccinations.In fact I KNOW I would wait longer.
Just keep the puppy inside and away from any exposures. The shots really set my little one back.
I'm sorry your little one is not feeling well, I hope he feels better soon.....

Nine weeks is wy too early for any pup to be vaccinated......I'm always suspect as to why a vet would still be doing vaccines on such a young pup and why they are doing why vets are still doing so many even though plenty of studies have been done on overvaccination.....As you can see by this study below the longer you wait to take the pup in the better it is for him. As long as the pup has moms natural immunity in his system the vaccine will not replicate, it is blocked from doing so. Therefore the pup was subjected to unnecessary shots which exposed him to contaminants and preservatives in the vaccine . Preservatives as in mercury, msg, and formaldehyde just to name a few, which puts the pup at risk greatof adverse reactions. Not to mention it stresses his immature immune system, which makes him more vulnerable to diseases as in auto immune diseases, cancers, thyroid problems etc.etc.etc.......

In the August 2008 issue of The Whole Dog Journal, Dr. Ronald Schultz reports in an article entitled, Vaccinations 101, by Lisa Rodier, "Research shows that less than 50 percent of puppies will respond at six weeks; 75 percent at nine weeks; 90 percent at 12 weeks; and by 14 to16 weeks, close to 100 percent will respond. "

As you can see the vaccine will take better waiting til he's at least 14-16 weeks old. And even then the vaccines should be done only one vaccine at a visit and each one spaced 3-4 weeks apart. Never do a combo vaccine, and never do a rabies at the same time as a core vaccine...

There is a lot of info out there if you google "overvaccination". Here are just a couple of articles to read....

Vaccinating Dogs: What Your Vet Hasn't Told You

Vaccination Danger - Dog Health Report - Dog Care - Dog Health Problems Solved!

Here is Dr. Jean Dodds schedule if you want a chart to go by til you do some research yourself....

Vaccination Schedule Recommendations For Dogs
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!