View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
With all due respect, I think you are missing the point. It's not good form to come onto a board and announce that you don't think it is worthy of your donation. I was also surprised about the vet comments because many people here think the collective YT brain knows a lot more about yorkies than a typical vet does.

I think comments about what constitutes good breeding, what people should look for in dogs, what they should watch out for, all these things are appropriate and in fact are often brought up here.

I belong to some boards where it is not allowed to discuss the rules of the board or moderation decisions, period. Do it once, you get a warning, twice, you are banned. I think the moderators here are exceptionally relaxed.

I really hope that being a "reputable breeder" does not mean that you have to look down on those who know less than you do.
That's not what I said looking down upon those who know less than I do...I don't know everything but what I do know and what I've experienced in the breeding and showing of yorkies would be of help BUT because of my experience it's considered to be holier than thou, the YTCA code of ethics states that we should help the newbies and explain why some yorkies should NEVER be bred. We hope you or anyone would want to better the breed and listen to those that do have experience and listen and not get offended. We are here to help and we have to uphold the YTCA code of conduct and code of ethics and if we promote breeding pet quality yorkies then we are not doing what is expected of us as members of the YTCA
I won't donate for the promotion of selling of puppies but I might make a donation of selling of products and or of the rescuing and caring of dogs. That is a big difference. I still will advocate contacting your vet or mentor for medical advice before seeking answers on a forum but will ask questions regarding health, sickness after I have sought medical advice from a professional. I have no problem in asking or answering questions from certain experiences I've had regarding health issues but a certified medical adivse should be sought first just as in a human baby! You take your human baby to a baby doctor before getting answers online. Common sense should come into play but again just my opinion and would be discouraged if my opinion were to be stiffled. Please don't take offense because I am a firm believer in that we all are entitled to it.

Donna Bird
Brooklynn's Yorkshire Terriers

Last edited by Brooklynn; 06-01-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!