Thread: Big Dog
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 12:46 PM   #9
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylavender
1st I would find out what the "leash laws" are in your city/state. If there is a leash law and all dogs/animals must be on leashes when out, then I would report them to Animal Control or Humane Society. Let them know this has become a problem and you want someone to go out there and talk to these gentlemen. If there are strict laws, then there are strict fines for those in violation. This may deter the guys from allowing their st. bernard out unleashed.

But, this will mean you will have to leash your baby too, when he goes out. What's enforceable for one is enforceable for everyone.

I have to say, one of my pet peeves is loose dogs/cats in the neighborhood! I hate that they can get into yards and do their business and no one cleans it up, they dig in the gardens and just create all kinds of havoc! There is even the potential of serious harm, with cars, etc. And really the dogs/cats are the innocent ones, because they are only doing what comes naturally to them. I don't believe that the owners are acting irresponsibly.
DITTO! I wouldn't put up with it at my house, either. One wrong step and your little doggie is history. It's simply not worth the risk. I've always been extremely protective of my little doggies and that is probably one reason among others that they lived to old ages.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!