View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 11:56 AM   #14
spydergurl
YT 500 Club Member

I got one of my girls from my daughter when she was about 3 yrs old.
She, Sierra, was not all the way housebroken and my daughter was frustrated with her.
My daughter couldn't really devote the time and energy it takes to train them.
So, I took her, gladly. I had her sister, Chewy, so they were very used to each other. I trained mine to paper and outside. So, this is the way I finally got Sierra to get trained. I figured out when she needed to go, by watching her very carefully. When she went on the carpet, I said nothing if I didn't catch her in the act. But, if I did catch her, I'd say "no" and put her outside and told her to go potty there. But mostly, I watched when she went. Then, I knew she held it for 4-6 hours, and that's when I would take her outside, and would walk around with her, saying, "go potty", actually I would sing it to her, like a rap song.....hehe. She would always go, reluctantly at first....and then I would always praise her and when we came back in the house, I would always give them treats for going potty and tell them that is why they got their treat! They are very smart, and love lots of praise! I clap my hands, jump around, yelling "whooohooo" , etc. They love it. They are 6 years old, and I still do that all of the time! lol
spydergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!