Thread: Falling over?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:48 AM   #12
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonroselive View Post
Thanks everyone! I did end up taking her in although she stopped doing that falling over bit. But, it was so strange and worrisome to me so we went ahead over to the vet nearby here. He had a look in her ear and she sure enough had water deep in her ear canal. We had gone swimming yesterday at a pool party my friend had and Curly and her poodle pal swam with us. I thought I had cleaned out her ears pretty good but I guess not. Anyway, doc says she'll be fine, he drained it for her and she about licked him to pieces! I guess he was a yummy vet! So, he said to be sure to put these drops in her ears when she's swimming or bathing so this doesn't happen again. My son had the same problem as a kid...swimmers ear!
Here's the best part...NO fee for the visit! He welcomed us to town and said he hopes to see us again.
Wow -- what a nice vet -- no fee for a Sunday visit! I am so glad to hear it was only a little water in her ears! I had not realized that would make them so off balance as to actually fall down like that. Good to know. I have those drops for anyone that needs them after swimming in our pool and had not thought to use them for the pups. I will definately keep it in mind. Thanks for passing on a good lesson. Again -- thankful your Curly is feeling so much better and it was nothing serious. Congrats on finding such a great vet too.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!