View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #4
PhoebeK
Yorkie Talker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry View Post
Good Morning!
I have 2 furgirls....one is very picky...I was feeding them Canidae dry and canned until they changed the formula and my smallest girl got sick....just like you were explaining. AND.....I found out that Canidae is manufactured in the Diamond Plant where they were having all the issues with pets getting sick...I had been mixing Merrick, grammies pot pie kibbles, with the Canidae dry...I eventually switched them over to just the Merricks. I don't care for the Merrick canned...too much gravy for the girls and caused loose stools and got their face all messy and stinky. I have just recently changed their canned over to Wellness which is mad here in Mass (I noticed you live in Mass also). I use the chicken..They do have the smaller cans but, the other day a member had posted how she will freeze small amounts and take out what she needs. I think that is a GREAT idea...this way the food doesn't go to waste...a big can will last me better than a week....I only use the canned as a topper...they eat mostly kibble....

Hope this helps you
Hi thank you very much for the answer. It's funny that you mention wellness because that is just one that I was looking at online and was excited because I saw they come in 6oz cans. So I am glad it's working out for you and I think I will try that one. Thanks again. Now I just need her tummy to get back to normal . I have heard many differing opinions on feeding canned pumpkin to harden the stools what do you think about that? Thanks again!
PhoebeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!