View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Thanks for your reply Nancy. I guess she was marking her bully stick then! She's never behaved like that before with any of her things. Well I tried giving it back to her last night, and just acting like the bully wasn't a big deal, and she started to calm down, but bf and bro in law kept provoking her thinking it was funny how she gets so mad when they got close to her. Of course I told them to stop, of course they ignored me.

whenever she's got the bully she is so tense, she's shaking, and her body is so stiff. Like all she can think about is protecting her bully. I swear she turns into Gollum (sp?) from Lord of the Rings! She turns to a little monster!

As far as the time out, Uni doesn't have a crate. her beds here at work are one actual bed, then another that's just her blanket (that used to be MY Jack Sparrow blanket but now it's hers) that's in a cubby hole. She knows when we are upset at her, and we say "go to bed!" and she willingly goes herself. We say stay, and she will stay until we give her the ok. Well yesterday, she was softly growling to herself while she was on timeout, like telling us she was so pissed off at us! Shes' such a character.

So I tried again w/ the bully this morning, this time I was holding it and wanted her to chew while I was holding it and petting her. But she would just come up to it and do one bite, and she learned i was not going to let go she got frustrated and started running around the couch. So I just put it away. maybe we'll try again later. I wonder if I had a thousand of them just laying about would she value them as much? She must think it is something so special and she may never get another one, so that's why she's being so protective?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!