View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
Lydia Roux
Yorkie Talker

Thank you so much for replying... I thought I was alone in my sadness and disbelief!! Yes is it not amazing that after six years a simple cat scan revealed this big a problem!! God blessed me because my baby had a lot of problems from his birth. You see, he is a pocket size yorkie.. the one we are all looking for.... but we came this far and he is very active, eats well and is full of life. But recently at night he stops breathing for split seconds and then has to breathe through his mouth. I can not sleep because I hear him. The doctors said he will adapt.... and breathe through his mouth. But I still worry that I am letting him suffocate... he can not talk... but his body language sometimes reveals his frustration for his lack of breath.... It is a rear condition and pups usually die after birth. Mine is still alive... Bilateral means the opening from his nose into his mouth is bony... they told me there are small holes still left and in combination with his mouth it is sufficient.... but again I know him and his limits... I try to stay positive... my doctor will look at the report hopefully tomorrow... then I will let you know what he said he thinks I must do... thanks again for your support. It came at the right time..I needed it.
Lydia Roux is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!