View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #10
taje
Pita Power!!

Quote:
I think potty issues come along with any and every dog. Some are harder to train than others. I think it is very careless of you to give her back. It is your resposibility to take care of her regardless. Adopting an animal is a resposibility you need to uphold. My dogs (two) are still not potty trained and believe me I get frustrated and angry at times and several thoughts run through my mind but I will tell you at the end of the day they are my babies and just because I fail to learn how to properly read their body language as to when they need to go doesn't mean they aren't right for me. I must stick to the responsibility for a decision I made. I think you must keep her and love her the same way you did when you had that initial eagernes to have her. Think again about your decisions
I don't agree with that at all. I always hate to give up an animal once I've brought it home, and I adopt and rescue lots of different animals.

Sometimes they just don't work out, if you are unhappy that will be felt by the dog. I'm sure the breeder will find someone who is more suited to her and maybe is set up for her potty needs different than you are.

If you have exhausted all of the avenues available to you and you still can't deal with the problem it is ok to give her back, do not let anyone tell you otherwise, of course you wanted to make it work but you will just get more frustrated and aggravated with her and then you may start to resent her. This isn't good for anyone. You have made the right decision.
taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!