View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
tpjane
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Lexi was just finally diagnosed yesterday so I'm really new to all this.
She started with uncontrolled leg tremors. another time it was her whole body was limp spaghetti. the worst was drooling and totally unresponsive by the time we got her to the vet (aprox 1.5 hrs after we found her) she was comotose. he started her on an iv with antibotics and steroids. within 8 hours she was so vastly improved the vet himself was shocked. her liver enzymes was high. but her symptoms were more neuroligical. she improve after 3 days to pretty much normal. she was on an sntibotic for a week and the steroids for longer but the steroids made her wacky she couldn't stop moving around and sleep ha. so we started to wein her off them. she was due for a follow up yesterday. Our son is dating a vet's daughter and he suggested we check on encephalopathy. so our vet ran a blood amonia test. he told us normal is 0-92 her's came back 299. he put her on Lactulose last night and changed her food to Hill L/D. which we just bought today and thank god miss picky likes it. my question is about treats is there things i can make at home to give her instead of her dog bone and Pupproni which is out. I'm afraid to give her anything from the table at all. she has gone from 5.6 to 4.4 lbs she can't afford to loose any more weight.
sorry for being long winded I'm new to all this stuff
tpjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!