Thread: Broken leg
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #22
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherile View Post
Took Moses to another vet today to get a 2nd opinion. His was same as the first. Since I didn't opt for surgery, pins and plates, when it first happened, he is afraid there is not enough good bone left to do this now. He said it could be done, then remove all the pins and then find out it didn't take and amputation would be necessary. Why put him thru all that, he's been thru enough. He also said God gave dogs 4 legs for a reason, he will function fine with 3 legs. Heck, he's been 3 legged since I got him. I only had him a day before he broke this leg. As far as turning him over to rescue, I could not even imagine. He is still my baby, and he will still be my baby on 3 legs. He is a our pet, not a show dog or a breeder. So, I am scheduling the amputation for next week. He has to get out of this cast, it is really starting to bother him, plus he is developing an infection. So, I will keep everyone posted and when I figure out how to post pictures, I'll be sure and do so.
I agree with the others on getting a second opinion ..But I didnt think they could even check it good enough with him still haveing the cast on. I would not him to another vet who specializes in orthopedics for small dogs I would only do the amputation if they could not save his leg. why take his leg if they might be able to save it. If you dont have the money for the surgery talk to them about pmt or go here to this website and sign up for this card, Its like a creditcard but you dont have to pay back and %. heres the website.
CareCredit® Healthcare Finance - Payment Plans and Financing for Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Veterinary & Other Medical Procedures
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!